Friday 8 March 2024

Working on Attachments with my Young Persons Team

Since my holiday coding, all my Pi Wars time has again been spent mentoring my young person's team. Together we designed a barrel grabber to go on the front of their robot, and started 3D printing the parts for their proper robot. By the time we get to competition day, I will have built 4 robots in total! 2 test platforms and 2 actual competition robots. I am teaching my young persons CAD using SOLIDWORKS. We based the grabber off designs we saw when searching for robot claws on eBay and other direct from China tech selling websites. This is what we came up with.



But I have a cunning plan. Having 3D printed all the parts to fit onto their robot chassis, I am going to design the front of my own robot to have exactly the same mounting points. So I can print a second grabber, camera mount and sensor mounting block and put them onto my own robot. Hopefully this will not over balance my much smaller robot. I plan to put my battery on the back to act as a counter balance for the grabber.


No comments:

Post a Comment